Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Joker

"Some people  call me the Space Cowboy.
Some call me the Gangster of Love
Some people call me Gaijin, 
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love.

People talk about me baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong
But don't you worry, baby, don't worry
'Cause' I'm right here, right here, right here, right here at home."

 

Why fight it? To quote Rodney Dangerfield in the movie 'Back To School': "I'm a lover not a fighter" - although I am going for a Taekwondo lesson again with my son later this afternoon.

Anyhow, I'm the lover of wordplay again, so I guess I'm back to being the Joker again.

According to the scientific poll I conducted this past week, people voted early and often, and all 7 of you have said they want their comedy before all else.

So, after I finish off my last day in Osaka, I will revert back to the funny business, rather than the monkey business - unless I can make said monkey business funny. Which I'm pretty sure I can do. I'll make Osaka funny rather than just a guilty horn-fest.

As mentioned, I just wanted to show you that despite all the fun and games, my head was often in an altogether different place. Beats me how I was able to write the funny stuff when I was in turmoil. Oh well, screw psychotherapy. You asked for comedy, you're gonna get comedy.

On with the show, this is it!

Somewhere on a couch talking to myself,
Andrew Joseph 

PS - I have no ideas what "pompatus" means, but it was invented by Steve Miller who probably smoked something wacky when he provided the musical accompaniment to this rambling episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...