Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Word From The Blogger


Hello all... just an idle comment about the viewing habits of people on this blog. It's nothing specific, but more of a generalization.



While the women's World Cup of Soccer triumph of Japan over the USA remains the most viewed story on this site, taking in positions #1, #2, #6, #7, and #8, the third slot is now occupied by my compilation of Japan's Miss Universe contestants between 1990 and 2011. That's a bit of a surprise, as it did not generate a lot of buzz until this week, when it suddenly shot up. Cool, and thanks!



In #4, is Japan's loss in women's softball to the USA. Strangely enough, despite it being the World Cup of Softball held in the US (revenge for the USA!), there was not a lot of coverage in the media... which kind of explains why people sought out one of the few spots on the Internet for their news, here at Japan - It's A Wonderful Rife!



Dropping down on its knees to #5, is the piece on schoolgirl prostitution, which by its very topic, I expected it to do well.



At #9 is one of the first blogs I did over two years ago in July of 2009, and since it's not overly special, I'm just going to guess it's people who are Steppenwolf fans that come across it by mistake. I guess there was a method to my madness in using rock and roll titles for the blogs about my life in Japan! Anyhow... it's about my third day in Japan, and is actually my fourth ever blog. Even the blog seems like a lifetime ago.



And, rounding out my top 10 of blog hits, comes at #10, the shocking underwater footage of one of the areas devastated by the March 11, 2011 tsunami. Unfortunately, that video footage was removed a little while ago from the world wide web. If you would like to take a look at a newspaper on-line that shows still photography from that site, I have replaced it within my blog.



Man... it's tough to keep up with what links are still active and what are not. Should you ever find a dead link on this blog... let me know.



I have noticed that while checking out my blog under Internet Explorer, I was getting spam links attached to each blog entry. That problem has been taken care of since I upgraded the web crawler to a newer version. I have not had a problem with any of the other web crawlers like Mozilla, Safari or Google Chrome.



Anyhow, I can't believe I'm still doing this after two years. This year I've already hit my goal of posting at least one story for each day of the year, as this one is #368.



The goal for 2012, is to ensure I post every single day at least once.



Thanks for reading - more on the way!



Cheers

Andrew Joseph  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...