Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Yen For Coke


Sorry people... only one blog today. My wife was clobbered by a 2-litre bottle of Coke. I know what you are thinking... that a bottle of Coke would be my weapon of choice... not no, I was at work when I got the call an ambulance had taken her to a hospital.

She had placed some bottles up on top of a shelf and then moved in to pick some stuff up off the floor. A bottle then fell and got her on the back of the neck. 

Aside from a contusion, and a lot of soreness, she is fine and back home. I report this just so you know that truth is always stranger than fiction. That's what you get from this blog.

In the meantime... I'm going to pass you over to my friend Mike Rogers, who has written an interesting piece on how Japan is trying to prop up the Yen. MARKETING JAPAN

I just have one question. With untold number of countries in debt owing money... just which countries are getting rich... and how do I get me some?

I tell ya... when the US sneezes, Canada catches a cold. But lately, Canada seems to be doing better than the good old US of A... at least from an economic recovery stand-point.

Japan... poor bastards... a devastated economy that has been in decline since I left 17 years ago... too many natural disasters that have nearly crippled the country financially - but not the noble Japanese spirit... but again... I read Mike's critique and wonder just what can be done to prop up the Yen?

Do I need to make a return trip to Japan and blow it all on booze and women? I'm always willing to do my part, Nihonjin (Japanese people)!



Back to the grind tomorrow. I'm taking a day off - my first this year - and I'm taking my son to the former tallest free-standing structure in the world (the CN Tower @ 555m)  before blowing a few more bucks at the LEGO store here in Toronto.

No wonder I'm broke.



Somewhere having a Coke and knowing it's all just bricks in the wall,

Andrew Joseph

PS: I guess this does entry make a second blog! I must get to sleep... I'm constantly up until 2:30AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...